Interested in Purchasing a New Bus? Participate in the Spring OSC Bus Bid!
- Category: Co-op Purchasing
If your district is going to purchase a new bus between May and mid-October 2021, please consider participating in the OSC Bus bid. Bids will be opened on April 29, 2021, and distributed to members by May 7, 2021. Districts generally save at least $1,500 for each bus purchased through OSC bids, not including the savings in administrative time to bid on your own and the cost of legal notices. Last year, a member district in Wood County, saved over $10,000 on purchasing a 30 passenger bus using the OSC bids.
Follow these simple steps below to participate.
1. Complete the Bus Bid Survey on or before Friday, March 19, 2021.
2. Pass a Board Resolution of intent to participate in OSC School Bus Purchase and return a copy to Kelly Rocco by Friday, March 19, 2021.
3. Complete and return the School Bus Specification Commitments and trade-in form on or before Friday, March 19, 2021. The commitment and trade-in form will be mailed to you on February 15th or after you complete the survey if it is on or after February 15th.
4. Purchase buses at OSC Volume Discount! All the bid documents will be forwarded to you to decide which vendor you want to purchase from by May 7, 2021.
If you are going to purchase before May, OSC members can still purchase from the Fall Bus Bids opened on November 2, 2020. Contact Kelly Rocco at 330-348-6583 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the bids.