2018 OSC Legal Hotline Seminar & Legal Update
The Ohio Schools Council sponsors a Hotline Program that enables member school districts to pre-purchase legal services at a discounted rate on a yearly basis. As a benefit, member school districts are invited to attend a free legal seminar conducted by the attorneys of Peters Kalail & Markakis Co., L.P.A.
This year’s seminar will take place on Tuesday, October 30, 2018, at the Educational Service Center of Northeast Ohio, located at 6393 Oak Tree Blvd., Independence, Ohio 44131. Please be sure to save the date, and mark it on your calendar.
- Investigation of Harassment and Website Accessibility Claims – Guest Speaker from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights
- Employment Law Update
- Update on Student Issues, including Open Enrollment and FERPA
- Disciplining Regular Education and Special Education Students
- Best Practices for Record-Keeping Associated with Discrimination/Harassment Investigations and Use of Email/Text by Staff
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: October 19, 2018
- Date: October 30, 2018
- Start Time: 8:00 am
- End Time: 12:35 pm
- Location: ESC of Northeast Ohio (6393 Oak Tree Blvd., Independence)